French bulldog pet care
When you have chosen the sort of breed that is most suitable for you, the next essential decision that you will need to make is whether you want a male or female dog, often known as a “dog” or a “bitch,” depending on the relevant terminology. Do not be put off by the word “bitch,” despite how harsh it may appear to be; sadly, in the world of dogs, “bitch” is the correct nomenclature for a female puppy or dog. There are positives and negatives associated with both sexes, just as there are in human beings. While your own preference for one or the other may sway your decision, here are some things to consider if you are still on the fence about it:
The Male Dog
* Male dogs can tend to be more lovable towards their owner.
* Male dogs can be more outgoing, more vigorous and more in your face.
* Male dogs can be less prone to mood swings.
* Male dogs can be more reliable.
* Male dogs can be more comical, clumsy and silly acting more like overgrown kids (is this a pro!!!).
* Male dogs will usually want to please their master more.
* Most male dogs can show dominance and test their owner.
* Male dogs will generally test their owner more during the adolescent months.
* Adolescence can last up to three years in male breeds of the larger dogs.
* Male dogs posseuore obvious genitals which they sometimes pride themselves on and often splay their legs open at the most embarrassing times, such as when you have guests.
* Some males especially during adolescence will hump everything in sight regardless of what or who that may be.
* Most male dogs cock their legs when going to the bathroom even on your favourite shrub or garden gnome.
* Most males will territorially mark their domain spraying everything in sight.
The Female Dog
* Female dogs are usually more subtle than males.
* Female dogs are usually quicker to learn and housebreak.
* Female dogs are less distracted than males.
* Female dogs are less defiant than males.
* Female dogs are less likely to involve you in dominance struggles.
* Female dogs are usually quieter than males.
* Female dogs are more prone to mood swings.
* Female dogs are experts when it comes to sulking.
* Female dogs can be prone to theatrics.
* Female dogs can be ingenious when it comes to getting their own way.
* You will have to keep a close eye on your female when she is in season (ready to breed).