When you have chosen the sort of breed that is most suitable for you, the next essential decision that you will need to make is whether you want a male or female dog, often known as a “dog” or a “bitch,” depending on the relevant terminology.
Do not be put off by the word “bitch,” despite how harsh it may appear to be; sadly, in the world of dogs, “bitch” is the correct nomenclature for a female puppy or dog. There are positives and negatives associated with both sexes, just as there are in human beings. While your own preference for one or the other may sway your decision, here are some things to consider if you are still on the fence about it:
The Male Dog
- Male dogs can tend to be more lovable towards their owner.
- Male dogs can be more outgoing, more vigorous and more in your face.
- Male dogs can be less prone to mood swings.
- Male dogs can be more reliable.
- Male dogs can be more comical, clumsy and silly acting more like overgrown kids (is this a pro!!!).
- Male dogs will usually want to please their master more.
- Most male dogs can show dominance and test their owner.
- Male dogs will generally test their owner more during the adolescent months.
- Adolescence can last up to three years in male breeds of the larger dogs.
- Male dogs posseuore obvious genitals which they sometimes pride themselves on and often splay their legs open at the most embarrassing times, such as when you have guests.
- Some males especially during adolescence will hump everything in sight regardless of what or who that may be.
- Most male dogs cock their legs when going to the bathroom even on your favorite shrub or garden gnome.
- Most males will territorially mark their domain spraying everything in sight.
The Female Dog
- Female dogs are usually more subtle than males.
- Female dogs are usually quicker to learn and housebreak.
- Female dogs are less distracted than males.
- Female dogs are less defiant than males.
- Female dogs are less likely to involve you in dominance struggles.
- Female dogs are usually quieter than males.
- Female dogs are more prone to mood swings.
- Female dogs are experts when it comes to sulking.
- Female dogs can be prone to theatrics.
- Female dogs can be ingenious when it comes to getting their own way.
- You will have to keep a close eye on your female when she is in season (ready to breed).
😍 These gadgets are on my Frenchie’s wishlist, maybe your Frenchie needs them too? 🥰
✅ We laughed so hard we had tears rolling down our cheeks. Watch funny clips HERE
✅ My Frenchie has been self-conscious about his hair for years. He finally has the confidence to go on walks now. Other dogs don’t even know it’s a wig! What a steal!! LOL
✅ These matching sweaters are absolutely adorable. Fits my 22lb French bulldog like a glove, his shirt is super soft.
✅ Lots of folks said it was the cutest thing they had seen in a long time! It came with adjustable straps just in case the Frenchie gains weight (again.)
✅ Safety first, right? My Frenchie loves bike rides in the backpack but not so much in the rain, this Goggle/Hemlet set really helps keep the rain out of the eyes and ears.
✅ Omg too cute😍 I do not need to explain why your Frenchie needs it right?
✅ The hoodie is really well made and super soft fleece-lined! My Frenchie has been in it for hours, which is not common… safe to say it is puppy approved!
✅ You only need this one high-quality water-resistant jacket for Winter. Necessary piece. Make sure you check out the reviews to get the right size instead of keeping returning.
✅ There are built-in ear holes for comfort, which is how my Frenchie usually wears it, but sometimes we just have to keep those ears covered up and keep the heat in on the super-cold days.
✅ This playpen is a life saver! They can be linked together if desired to create a larger pen.
✅ No animal should have to sleep on the floor and hurt or be cold. I asked my Frenchie for a review – unfortunately he’s too busy snoring, farting and sleeping on it to answer me…lol
✅ This is a fantastic car seat w lots of clever features. The entire seat can collapse to fit into its own carrying bag, though it’s easily put together again in 30 sec. The cover that the dogs rest on is silky soft faux fur which doesn’t seem to snag dirt and debris. It easily zips out for washing, and during the summer you can reverse the cover so the canvas side is up and not the fur. The pillow that boosts the dogs up in the seat has a soft foam side akin to memory foam. It’s very roomy and well made for a small Frenchie.
✅ The couch is stylish and lightweight but definitely sturdy. As an added bonus the legs have non-skid pads on the bottom so it won’t slide when he gets in and out of it. Holding up pretty good even when Frenchie digs in it…
✅ Let me do you a favor and let you know that you NEED this NOW!!! It was very comfortable for me at this height. No pain or awkward positions and I didn’t get soaked.
✅ I don’t remember seeing any other pet strollers using this kind of high-end wheels. Perfect for the small puppy that is old or can’t walk much.